GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question(s) regarding hacked accounts

2 posters

Go down

Question(s) regarding hacked accounts Empty Question(s) regarding hacked accounts

Post  Leviathan7 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 pm

I believe I have offended a former grimworld player by posting the following question on his/her ban/appeal page.
For this I apologize and have removed my question. It is however a good question, and so I have moved it to a new topic.

"This may or may not be the place for this question, but how can staff tell whether or not someone's account was actually hacked or if they are just using that possibility as an excuse to get back onto a server?"

I would also like to ask whether or not calling someone an "asshole" while banned, has a positive or a negative effect on getting an appeal.

Thank you.
Leviathan7
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Question(s) regarding hacked accounts Empty Re: Question(s) regarding hacked accounts

Post  holsamoht Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Leviathan7 wrote:I believe I have offended a former grimworld player by posting the following question on his/her ban/appeal page.
For this I apologize and have removed my question. It is however a good question, and so I have moved it to a new topic.

"This may or may not be the place for this question, but how can staff tell whether or not someone's account was actually hacked or if they are just using that possibility as an excuse to get back onto a server?"

I would also like to ask whether or not calling someone an "bummonkey" while banned, has a positive or a negative effect on getting an appeal.

Thank you.

I will try to answer some of your questions.

We should be able to see what the IP was that different players log in from. If your account was hacked by someone outside of your home, then we would see a different IP logging into the server using your account. If its your brother, there is no way of knowing.

As for calling someone an bummonkey, it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Question(s) regarding hacked accounts Empty Re: Question(s) regarding hacked accounts

Post  Leviathan7 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:55 am

Ah that answers my question thank you.
How convenient it must be to have someone in the same household as someone else to hack into their account and cause trouble...
Leviathan7
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down