Suggestion - Guild Registry / Guild City

Go down

Suggestion - Guild Registry / Guild City

Post  Krimxen on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 pm

So... My little castle has turned into a bit of a Stronghold, and is quickly developing into a town. Now I was thinking, 'what can I do with this area?'. Then I decided with another player, maybe we could start a Guild city? We already have a Miner's Guild, so why not more? Now, we don't want to clutter the server with tiny two-man 'Guilds', so this other player agreed to be, essentially, the Guild 'Registrar'. Through the Guild Registry, we'll make new Guilds official. Just aswell, we had an idea, to turn my castle into the 'Adventurer's Guild'.

In the Adventurer's Guild, we'll be training new players, showing them how to fight the upgraded creatures, special methods for gathering supplies, navigation, use of the F3 UI and other things. As the Guild is rather far away from most cities, I find the name rather fitting, as it's something of an adventure to reach the Guild.

Of course, this is all in the works, and what we're after, is some support under the Guild Registry bit.

Krimxen

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion - Guild Registry / Guild City

Post  rawrz0501 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

I like the idea a lot! great way for new players to easily get the hang of the server i would love to join but there would have to be a way for me to get there through a tunnel and the place should be easy access to new players from the spawn. The only thing i dont like is making guilds official, anybody should be able to make a guild if they want Very Happy
rawrz0501

Back to top Go down

Post  Krimxen on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 am

Making guilds 'Official' is mostly to give them sanctioned Advertisement in cities, an 'Embassy' of sorts in the Guild City, and a way to keep a record of large and notable ongoing Guilds. Just aswell, it stops people from cluttering the server with eight of the same types of Guilds.

Krimxen

Back to top Go down

Post  rawrz0501 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 pm

I still dont like the idea. I doubt that many ppl will make guilds
rawrz0501

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan7 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:24 am

It's a great idea imo, but the server seems a little too small for the ideal guild to be fully functional (Not many people can be "active" or playing at the same time for a squad of miners to operate much more than your typical "two-man" guild. At least not when huge orders are being placed.
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Post  Flim15 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah its hard for two players to fill 210 stack orders.... We need more members.

Flim15

Back to top Go down

Post  Krimxen on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Guilds don't have to be shops or a source of labour. For example, the plans for the 'Adventurer's Guild' would turn it into a training area for new members that make it to the area.

Krimxen

Back to top Go down

Post  sinnersaved on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I like that idea maybe we could keep your idea of Adventure guild and make it the place where the admins take the NEWBIES and like has step by step tuts on how to do things...plots of land inside the training area for examples and such. EVEN as they teach they could be specific on whats greifing and not, along with other rules. The vamps could even have a guild where the new members interest an learn and even have a easy meeting place for all vamps. I think there should be no limit on guild BUT the most powerful guild at the time that is alike from the other should have authroity over the others...kinda like a link system. Plus creating a guild should not be easy to ensure its something the person wants to do. Thus making requirements like having a agreement with others or whatever the case maybe me. Camelot is a nice place to start the newbies but the "Adventure guild" could in fact give admins a break from to time and in fact help teach and help the new one get to know all of us. To add to there are mods out there that could in fact help this guild idea and make it something worth while Very Happy
sinnersaved

Back to top Go down

Post  sinnersaved on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Some basic Guilds could be

Vamps Guild
Merchant Guild

Mining, Lumber, Planting (all resources could possibly bunch together and call resource guild but each has its own branches and its own Jobs)

Fighting Guild
Explore Guild
Builders Guild

Just the basic i think.... Very Happy
sinnersaved

Back to top Go down

Post  TehGreatLorenzo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:00 am

The admin Tutorials thing sounds like a bit much for them. Bear in mind that they wont always be online

TehGreatLorenzo

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:49 am

The main problem with the training area is that no one likes to read bunches of signs. Everyone wants to jump right in. We tried to limit the number of signs they have to read at the start because not many people have long enough attention spans to read them all. I was thinking about making a tutorial house, but decided against it because everything is on the forums. It's actually better than new players are directed to the forums, so they get to see everything else on here.
P.S. Welcome back Laurie
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  sinnersaved on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 pm

that's what i was meaning was a tut house and i am aware they aren't always on that, but i have notice some of older members do a very good job at showing the newbies around and i mean still no admin powers they could in fact teach hands on with out the signs but lol but what i meant by signs was placing them next to the topic and making a tut area sounds like a good way to have the newbie enter been shown the other members, have a easy place for the admins to find them and also have subways from one single location to all others. Idk u guy are prob u have been admins for a while and know what ur doing lol i am just someone trying to be active and help out all i am saying is 90% of people are so lazy they wont even get on here and maybe by setting up a training ground based on what they learn they...they could earn their starter kits..idk if u really want them to read ur forms or at least look at them make them them in order to become members they have to register....seen other servers do stuff like that so. anyway just thought i would help...lol
sinnersaved

Back to top Go down

Post  Krimxen on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Well, the only real way to help would be to put forward either a good reason to move the current Guild Islands into the 1.8 update world, so everyone there can continue working on it after the update. And with all the resources we're trying to stockpile, no time'll be wasted expanding it to fit what was planned for the Guild.

Krimxen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum