Types of Contests

Go down

Types of Contests

Post  lemondingo2 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Hols had asked a bunch of us that were on last night to think of ways to get more people onto the server. Unfortunately all I keep coming up with is different competitions. But in hopes one idea will appeal to some one I have take to writing them on here.

1. Mining Competition

Players are given an selected time limit and a two iron picks. Players must mine until either time runs out or their picks break. All materials gained are given a point system.
Cobblestone = 0
Coal=1
Iron =2
Gold = 3
Redstone = 2
Lazul Lapis = 3
Diamond = 10
The player with the most points at the end wins...idk what lol

2. Building Competition

Players are given a plot of land (all the same size) and a certain amount of building materials. Players are then given a time limit to create something using those materials. Once the time limit is up players must stop construction and then a couple of people designated as judges evaluate the structures based on creativity,use of resources, and even if you wanted to a theme.

3. Server Scavenger Hunt

Players are given a list of items posted on the forum. They then have a given time restriction in which all items must be turned in to a mod or admin. For short games make the list easy like 64 saplings, 2 stacks of cobblestone, 5 wool and a leather helmet. for harder longer games make the list something like a stack of coal, 12 cacti, 2 ink sacks, 2 diamonds, 4 bones and 6 string.

Anyways they are just ideas, let me know what you think.
lemondingo2

Back to top Go down

Re: Types of Contests

Post  CJdamaster on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I like these! The mining one should be carefully thought through though: (<= haha) you get many redstone from one block, coal veins are huge etc.

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:49 pm

May I propose a similar competition to the mining one? Start with nothing, in the middle of a field with a couple trees, in the middle of no where with a bed. 1st person to get full iron wins. Full iron is: helmet, chestplate, pants and boots and one of each of the normal tools: sword, pick, shovel and axe.
Say "done" when you have completed the task and you will be teleported back to check the items.

Might be a little long though, may take up to 30 minutes to run...
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:25 pm

darkhopper wrote:May I propose a similar competition to the mining one? Start with nothing, in the middle of a field with a couple trees, in the middle of no where with a bed. 1st person to get full iron wins. Full iron is: helmet, chestplate, pants and boots and one of each of the normal tools: sword, pick, shovel and axe.
Say "done" when you have completed the task and you will be teleported back to check the items.

^ Win

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  lemondingo2 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 pm

CJdamaster wrote:
darkhopper wrote:May I propose a similar competition to the mining one? Start with nothing, in the middle of a field with a couple trees, in the middle of no where with a bed. 1st person to get full iron wins. Full iron is: helmet, chestplate, pants and boots and one of each of the normal tools: sword, pick, shovel and axe.

^ Win

Epic Win^
lemondingo2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

lemondingo2 wrote:
CJdamaster wrote:

^ Win

Epic Win^

^Mega Epic Win^
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum