GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Menace

+7
Linna347
Tyrantstv
Zeletone
Mister_Tape
typersblock
TehGreatLorenzo
darkhopper
11 posters

Go down

The Vampire Menace Empty The Vampire Menace

Post  darkhopper Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:20 pm

The first vampire case was sighted August 5th 7pm EST. A vampire lair has been reported to exist in the mines of Moria, located under New City and Logan's village.

The Vampire Menace 2aj3xo5
The Vampire Menace 34rf53p

Our scout found a market place claiming to trade blood for ores has been found in these mines.
The Vampire Menace 2qltvsg
The Vampire Menace 2mnf4wi

More worrisome is the extensive network of dark tunnels lit only by the signature vampire red torches. Though these provide light to see by, they allow monsters to spawn, making the tunnels dangerous to surface dwellers. Reports state that these tunnels reach from city to city, and even connect into the railway systems.

The Vampire Menace 2vwgso6

New tunnels have been appearing daily, apparently carved by the mythical cave ponies.

Rumors abound as to the source of the Vampire Curse. Some claim that there's an Evil Altar in the heart of Sherwood. Others even claim that a cult has infiltrated the cathedrals and have altars hidden under the noses of those who would protect this land from evil.

Be wary of vampires, they have a truce with enemy mobs. It seems that the only enemies they have are Giants and Slimes; one ought not trust the friend of one's enemies. Vampires have also been seen to jump great distances by holding a rose additionally they do not take damage from falling. Furthermore they do not need to breathe. However, they start to burn when in sunlight, even through glass or leaves torch light does not hurt them.

Though they get sustenance from hurting animals with blood, they don't seem to eat food other than raw pork.

They are dangerous fighters and hit harder than mere mortals. They are a dangerous foe as fighting with one can result in an infection. If this is not treated by visiting a Good Altar or eating bread, this eventually leads to a conversion into a vampire. Luckily, they are vulnerable to wooden weapons.

New reports state that there are as many as 5 vampires in our lands, 3 with residences in their lair.

More information about the mod and vampire commands

A stargate has been added to the lair: Under Dark
The lair is now PvP. The vampire code is that vampires may not attack vampires. All humans that venture in live by the grace of the resident vampires.

UPDATE
Their lair has grow, and they are expanding
The Vampire Menace Ngsrj7

New vampires are turning and their numbers swell. At last count there were 9 vampires, and one poor infected soul. As a result of their growing numbers they have started to create a new city for themselves located in the large caverns East of the lair.

The Vampire Menace 20t5jwg

August 27: At last count there are 16 vampires. There are 2 main truebloods: Rawrz0501 and typersblock as well as a semi trueblood sorta darkhopper you can ask them to infect you but they may say no.

A small intro to vampire cave: https://grimworld.iftopic.com/t304-vampire-mod#1200

Last edited by darkhopper on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 12 times in total
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

The Vampire Menace Empty Re: The Vampire Menace

Post  TehGreatLorenzo Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Wondered what that cave was, and I knew it. I knew it was the cave ponies. Them damn, scheming cave ponies...

TehGreatLorenzo

Back to top Go down

Post  typersblock Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm

I've always wanted to become a mole person! I've got to do this!
typersblock
typersblock

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Me two. I was close to getting to become a vampire but I was griefed sadly and now I cannot become one D:

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeletone Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Mister_Tape wrote:Me two. I was close to getting to become a vampire but I was griefed sadly and now I cannot become one D:

You were griefed? Didn't Xlait Buy your home...then i got it from him and took it down...if you mean PedoCastle then I killed it off because you weren't using it for anything and it was taking up space....so...i dunno what you mean
Zeletone
Zeletone

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:14 pm

No I mean of Materials. I put a Chest in the Trainstation for a second went into the nether and got kicked. I got back into the full server and found my materials where griefed.

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrantstv Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Is becoming a vampire permanent? Or is there a cure.... lol
Tyrantstv
Tyrantstv

Back to top Go down

Post  Linna347 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:42 pm

There might be...heard something about something that can cure it. Somewhere...maybe perhaps.

Linna347
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes there is a cure. You can always make yourself a Cure Structure with 1 Lapis block and atleat 20 glowstone in a radius of 7 Blocks in each direction. The Vampirism Structure is 20 Obsidian and 1 Gold Block. There was also something else :/

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrantstv Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 pm

So it's possible to construct your own altar's if you have those materials?
Tyrantstv
Tyrantstv

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 pm

YEP!

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrantstv Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Would anybody be interested in helping build a large area/city for strictly vampires?
But recreating it with the style from Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver ( Best Vampire Series Ever)
Posibly recreate Nosgoth, but mostly underground or coverd so we're safe from the sunlight? Smile
Would anybody be up for that?
Tyrantstv
Tyrantstv

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Tyrantstv wrote:Would anybody be interested in helping build a large area/city for strictly vampires?
But recreating it with the style from Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver ( Best Vampire Series Ever)
Posibly recreate Nosgoth, but mostly underground or coverd so we're safe from the sunlight? Smile
Would anybody be up for that?

Such a city is already being constructed. Contact your nearest vampire friend for more information.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Holsa why did you add 6 Diamonds to the vamp altar? Without that all I need is 8 Sulpher and a Red Mushroom now I need to get 6 Diamonds... >_>

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Mister_Tape wrote:Holsa why did you add 6 Diamonds to the vamp altar? Without that all I need is 8 Sulpher and a Red Mushroom now I need to get 6 Diamonds... >_>

I didn't change anything... I know nothing about this stuff...

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 am

6 diamonds are part of the default costs, we made no changes
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

The Vampire Menace Empty Vampire Home

Post  dieu_du_soleil Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Maybe all the vampires stem from Endor? No sunlight, plenty of mobs everywhere... sounds like all it needs is redstone torches...

dieu_du_soleil

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm

lol...

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

Kitsune
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

The Vampire Menace Empty Walkfrees And rookz Vampire towne Donations Wanted

Post  walkfree Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Walkfree and rookz1 have made a vampire towne on brown train in west side starter town. we are looking for donations of money,obsidian,glowstone,and powered rails dimonds and normal rails. to join this town ask walkfree or rookz1 You HAVE TO BE VAMP!!!!. unless u r donating. we have an exelent tree farm slime farm and mine. PLEASE DONATE!!!!!!Smile Laughing Neutral alien Basketball king king What a Face afro afro afro afro

walkfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 am

dimonds? never heard of them
lol ^.^
Kitsune
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content