GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best way to famr slimes?

+4
darkhopper
sinnersaved
roameo
Kitsune
8 posters

Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty Best way to famr slimes?

Post  Kitsune Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey, I am in need of a large quantity of sticky pistons and I wasn wondering what it the best way to farm slimes?

So far I find them very rarely by pure accident. But now I need a massive amount of slimeballs for sticky pistons... so I must get tons of them somehow.
Kitsune
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty This is what I do

Post  roameo Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 pm

To farm slimes what I would do is go down the adminium, then create a huge open room with good lighting since slimes can spawn in any lighting level. So try to make a room about 30 by 30 and say 4 or 5 blocks high. If that still doesnt work then make the room bigger.
roameo
roameo

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty how much?

Post  Kitsune Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 pm

so how much does this get yu usually? becuase the amount i need is ungodly and i wanted to get it within the then 5 or 6 days
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty Well i havnt actually done this... but i say a video doing basicly the same thing.

Post  roameo Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Well in the video I watched, this guy made a room that was like 50 by 50 and 20 blocks high. That got him around 2 stacks or so.

Here is the link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2twg72JGUw Just copy and paste it -_-

roameo
roameo

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty This just might work

Post  Kitsune Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

this may work but i wish there was a faster way
i need over 1,500 sticky pistons so that means 1,500 slimes to murder
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty Yo

Post  sinnersaved Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Kit if u need help building it let me know or whatever i could even help when ur not on and mine some slime and put it in a box down in the whole for u another time to pick it up. lol sounds like a awesome quest Very Happy
sinnersaved
sinnersaved

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty Re: Best way to famr slimes?

Post  darkhopper Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Try visiting the chamber below the admin towers (known as bedrock base). It's between Endor and Feathermoon. There are also some major areas cleared out under New City. One last thing to try is to commission Vampires. The lair exists at bedrock level and Slimes are aggressive toward vampires, meaning vampires don't need to break their truce with monsters in order to farm slime.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

thanks for the offer but only me and typer and maybe mods and admins/owners are going to be allowed to see it before its done i dont want to spoil the surprise yaknow?

and thanks for the info dark ill be sure tocheck it out
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Post  sinnersaved Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:35 pm

ohhhhh its for the maze thing....i was just talking about mining the slime for u and helping u buid that place Razz
sinnersaved
sinnersaved

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty =O

Post  roameo Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:41 pm

I know you are making a huge maze thing, but that many sticky pistons?! Maybe a mystical pony will help you out... I doubt it but its possible.
roameo
roameo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flim15 Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:36 am

If you find an area where slimes have spawned in the past dig a bigger area around at 20x20x4 should do. Go afk around 24 to 32 meter away from that square and a slime should spawn. Your box should be below level 16. This is not tested althought it is my own complied version of the spawning slime portion of the the minecraft wiki. ALSO punch slimes if you use a sword it could do an inexact amount of damage resulting in non-splitting slimes, slimes must split into their tiny form to be able to drop slimeballs.

Flim15

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan7 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:37 am

Everything everyone has said is about right. There is one particular slime farm design I saw where water currents are used to damage large slimes and filter the small ones upwards with ladders to a dispenser on the surface. I will find this tutorial again if you want me to, however I must say that farming 1500 slime balls, no matter which method you use, is insane imho.
It would just take you way to long to accumulate that amount, even with the help of other players. If I wanted 1500 slime balls and I didn't want to ask a mod to spawn them for me, I would do the next best thing and ask one to set up an infinite slime ball shop amongst the other infinite shops they have set up in Camelot town, so I could obtain them in a slightly more legitimate manner.
I would still applaud your incredible patience if you were to obtain 1500 slime legitimately tho Smile
Leviathan7
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Post  Krimxen Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:32 pm

The most effective way to do any farm requires an entire floor of cobwebs over flowing water, then filtering to a specific area. The best way to accomplish this, is to use pistons to push a block down, then choke and kill whatever is attacked. THAT requires redstone repeaters and a Jumpstart system incase the redstone charge needs to be reset.

Now for SLIMES, you'll need to have the water filter into a single block-wide tunnel for the Piston Trap, and then onto a ladder to bring them up to the surface. However, we cannot acquire Cobwebs, so unless you get mod powers, you'll have to work rather hard to gather your resources.

Krimxen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 pm

darkhopper wrote:Try visiting the chamber below the admin towers (known as bedrock base). It's between Endor and Feathermoon. There are also some major areas cleared out under New City. One last thing to try is to commission Vampires. The lair exists at bedrock level and Slimes are aggressive toward vampires, meaning vampires don't need to break their truce with monsters in order to farm slime.

would tere be any chance you would be willing to set up an infinite slimeball shop?
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:51 pm

If you show me the project I may provide some resources. However, I am a strong proponent of the idea that anything that can conceivable be done legitimately should be.

I know grimmy doesn't like mob farms, and you'd have to get his word on this, but I support mob farms as a better alternative to simply giving out the materials or selling spawned items.
One of my favorite parts of MC is using ingenuity to make tasks easier.

I'll get back to you on this after I mention it to grimmy.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty well...

Post  Kitsune Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

my real problem is that me and typersblock planned it out and he told me that he would need over 1500 to complete it i can show you it but i havent been on when you were on lately so far ive gathered about 50 slimeballs+pistons so only about 1450 more to go
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

what they are talking about here is not really a farm like the past ones I have seen on the server. If it is just a big box room down at bedrock that spawn slimes then that is fine. I do not like when said box does all the work for you to kill the mob or make it float to a spot where you can just take them out all day with no form of danger. There is nothing "survival" about that. If you are just running around now actually taking out these mobs with a sword or bow then I personally have no issues with that. I agree with dark though on the issue of providing materials to players(spawning) as addressed in multiple places in our rules. Pretty much, if it takes away the actual playing part of the game, I am against it such as an auto mob spawner that creates mobs, kills them and collects thier drops. For that reason, mobs do not automatically drop anything on this server unless you actually kill them. This can still be exploited though in the way I stated above. The other reason I am against mob "Traps" is because the more entities the server has to track, the more memory that is used up and the more lag there is on the server. I do not think a room the size you are talking spawning only slimes would cause much lag but I would definitely have to ask that it be made outside normal traveled areas so that those chunks of the map are only loaded when you are there collecting said slimes. As for adding a slime shop, that we can do but the prices will be marked up quite a bit as most infinite shops are. Hope this answers any questions.

Admin
Admin

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Admin wrote:what they are talking about here is not really a farm like the past ones I have seen on the server. If it is just a big box room down at bedrock that spawn slimes then that is fine. I do not like when said box does all the work for you to kill the mob or make it float to a spot where you can just take them out all day with no form of danger. There is nothing "survival" about that. If you are just running around now actually taking out these mobs with a sword or bow then I personally have no issues with that. I agree with dark though on the issue of providing materials to players(spawning) as addressed in multiple places in our rules. Pretty much, if it takes away the actual playing part of the game, I am against it such as an auto mob spawner that creates mobs, kills them and collects thier drops. For that reason, mobs do not automatically drop anything on this server unless you actually kill them. This can still be exploited though in the way I stated above. The other reason I am against mob "Traps" is because the more entities the server has to track, the more memory that is used up and the more lag there is on the server. I do not think a room the size you are talking spawning only slimes would cause much lag but I would definitely have to ask that it be made outside normal traveled areas so that those chunks of the map are only loaded when you are there collecting said slimes. As for adding a slime shop, that we can do but the prices will be marked up quite a bit as most infinite shops are. Hope this answers any questions.

Yes that pretty much covers everything. Fighting and killing slimes i can do i mean my sword skill is 103 i love killing monsters and such on minecraft its the satisfaction of defending your home at night of clearing a doungen i love it. And i expected the price raise but i dont spend much money and I sell alot of items so i have money to spare as of now. Even though I do like doing things pure legit the scale of this project plus the time i want to finish it by pushes me to try other methods to speed things up.

About the slime farm room would i need to just travel out and find a chunk hey spawn in the clear a giant room? or is it if i find them the room will come type thing? becuz they spawn in the chunk i live in i have a small room under my basement where i find them occasionally but im there about 90% of the time so it would probably be a better idea to make it somewhere else huh...
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:11 pm

I could help you design a trap to collect slimes to a room where you can fight them. Given how rare slime spawn is, the trap might have to be quite large though.
If the trap is lit up so that only slimes can spawn there will be no lag at all.

I think this solution fits within the guidelines of the rules and should be fairly acceptable to all.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Agreed. Wink

Admin
Admin

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Best way to famr slimes? Empty Agreed

Post  Kitsune Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Sounds perfect!
Kitsune
Kitsune

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum