GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Income is broken

3 posters

Go down

Income is broken Empty Income is broken

Post  holsamoht Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

DarkHopper said before he got on a plane that it is growing exponentially and way too fast. I can't confirm, but he said it was ridiculous...

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Income is broken Empty It was broken

Post  darkhopper Wed May 25, 2011 3:45 am

As holsa mentioned, it was broken. The early levels were slow but I hit level 5560 15 minutes after I hit level 40.... needless to say I got infinite money and that is obviously a problem. I believe that's why there was a rollback. On the plane I was thinking about how to fix the jobs so that they don't grow ridiculously. I'll post my analysis and possible fixes to the economy tomorrow. I'll need grimmy to confirm the formula used (I'll check bukkit if it's generic). More to come.
-DH

Just looked at the plug-in website, many of my assumptions were wrong; it seems to be exponential rather than the quadratic I had expected. I'll look into it tomorrow.

I lied.
Anyway, the reason that the system went berserk was that the levelprogressionrate was less than the moneyprogression rate. This causes it to become easier to level as one gets to higher levels. The rate at which you level is proportional to your income, but if your income rate increases faster than the amount of additional exp needed per level, you end up leveling faster and faster. So long as levelprogressionrate>moneyprogressionrate, it will get harder and harder to attain the next level, thus limiting the rate at which one can level. Now I'll work on a proposal for these values.

I should have gone to sleep...
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah-RhF-CYfsJdDlPUWdQLTRRbE9jdFBacXpBYldHWVE&hl=en_US
This is a spread sheet to calculate the amount of pay you will receive at each level, and the amount of work it will take to reach the next level. edit the yellow boxes with your own growth rates.

Last edit:
Note that exprate is the rate at which each level becomes harder to reach (by requiring more experience).

Level is your hypothetical level
Income multiplier is the amount of money you would get relative to the base income at level 1.
Exp multiplier is the amount of exp needed to get to the next level relative to that needed to get from lvl1 to lvl2, this is not a useful number because experience gain is proportional to income, and income changes.
Difficulty leveling up is the amount of actual work you will need to do to levelup relative to the work you did getting from lvl1 to 2. This number is important because it adjusts for your increased rate of exp gain due to increased income.

The current system is income .001, exprate .001
The previous system that exploded was income .25, exprate .01
My current suggestion is income .075, exprate .13

Play with the numbers.

Last edited by darkhopper on Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing grammar)
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Income is broken Empty Final suggestion

Post  darkhopper Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:42 pm

This is my final suggestion to keep the leveling system easily accessible: Incomerate: 0.75 Exprate: 2
You can see my suggestions for level titles in the spread sheet, as well as the rates that you will receive income.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah-RhF-CYfsJdDlPUWdQLTRRbE9jdFBacXpBYldHWVE&hl=en_US
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Income is broken Empty Re: Income is broken

Post  Admin Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 pm

The whole income system has changed and so those numbers will no longer work. I am tweaking in the new income system and so I may have to reset levels a few more times but I think it is getting closer to what I want it to be.

Admin
Admin

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Income is broken Empty Re: Income is broken

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down