GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Rollback/Leveling/Shops

Go down

Server Rollback/Leveling/Shops Empty Server Rollback/Leveling/Shops

Post  Admin Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 am

OK, so here is what is up. First off I appoligize for any issues the last couple days. It seems that the new starting area was a little premature. I currently have Citizens disabled because I could not get past the horrible lag issues it was causing. We are looking at other shop options and will possibly get something up tonight but it may be later. Our current intentions though are to instead make the shops player driven and possibly make it where you can rent out the shops in the starter area to sell your goods. More to come on that though.

Thank you DarkHopper for your post on the leveling progression rate. That was rookie mistake on my end and I will look at it more later so that we can setup a fair leveling system. I can't do too much tonight though because I have things to do until around 8 or so.

The server rollback actually had nothing to do with any players. I was attempting to install some anti cheat plugins and due to its buggy nature, ended up stripping much of the world of its resources. I had backed up the server not too long before that though so yes, some work was lost but it could have been much worse. Next time I will try this on my local server before putting it on the live server.

For the shops plugin, if you have any suggestions on which mod to use, go ahead and post it here and we will take a look at it. I want it to use few commands, not cause lag and be usuable for player run shops. I have some ideas but I will look at them more tonight. The reason I want to go with player run shops is to get players interacting more and not risk improperly priced items messing with the economy. That and many players have been asking for this anyways.

More to follow...

Admin
Admin

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down