GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overpowered Monsters.

5 posters

Go down

Overpowered Monsters. Empty Overpowered Monsters.

Post  robbythedude Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Yo, I understand the concept behind the mod that makes monster powerful. I really do an it's legit.
But seriously, I think it needs nerfed. I was mining my good self along, went through like 8 pick axes, then suddenly I feel into a dungeon.
I didn't have fear at first, I had a iron sword and though I could fend for myself.

Well to my surprise, bout 6 zombies came around the corner and literally destroyed me within a second.
Now, everything is currently dropped in the dungeon. All sorts of good ore and cobblestone for my highway.
I was like.. "Holy Jesus Zombies?"
So, I made my way back in less then like 3 minutes.. Meet the same fate. Didn't stand a chance against only two of them.
Tried again, and yet again. Pwned.

Then, my stuff disapeared. Game over.
I raged, and quit the game to complain here.

I think they need nerfed or something. Seriously one hit, like 4 1/2 hearts? THE EFF?

robbythedude

Back to top Go down

Overpowered Monsters. Empty Re: Overpowered Monsters.

Post  holsamoht Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 pm

This post will be moved as this is not in the correct section.

Responding to the post:

I understand your frustration. The mobs hit quite hard compared to other servers. But this is for a reason, this is a survival server. There has to be an actual threat of getting hurt/dieing or what is the point? That having been said, there are ways to prepare yourself. For instance, wear armor while mining will greatly reduce the amount of damage that you take. Learning techniques for dealing with dungeons/different mobs, mining with other players etc.

If you can't take on 2 zombies by yourself, you are doing something wrong. An experienced player should be able to kill 2 zombies without ever taking damage. While not every player is experienced, the point is that learning how to deal with these things is part of being on a survival server. I'm not trying to minimize the loss that you suffered, because I remember those same frustrations while mining.

What I am saying is that while the damage that the mobs do is greater than some other servers, it really is not unreasonable. It makes it difficult if you don't have armor and don't know how to fight mobs. But nerfing is not the answer. Learning how to deal with them is.

Also, don't pick a fight when you have a lot of stuff in your inventory... Go home, drop it off and come back...

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I suggest you check out the tutorials section, specifically the Caving section: https://grimworld.iftopic.com/t121-video-caving-for-dummies
If all the tricks were obvious we wouldn't bother making tutorials.

Powerful mobs makes mining more challenging and more rewarding.

It sucks when you lose a lot of resources when you die. Here are some quick tips:
Wear armor, never dig straight down or in any way that could let you accidentally fall into a cave with mobs, work with a partner so if one of you dies, the other can retrieve the items.

Like I said, check out the tutorials, they are good.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Mind showing me the dungeon? I could easily get you the loot, being a vamp and all Very Happy Anything to help.

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 pm

lol vamps ^.^

your all buddy buddy with monsters but your defeated by a simple toothpick(woodsword) lol ^.^
Kitsune
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Kit. I carry a wooden sword with me at all times. Im also making myself a Mine, wich I will live in until I get my goal of journeyman, and Full diamond armor, Full diamond tools. This will make me the most powerful vamp, and I can HOPEFULLY survive better, unless the Wooden Sword is totally godmod. >_>

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum