GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimworld 1.8

+11
Kitsune
zeralbox333
darkhopper
Flushington
Neko456
rookz1
Mister_Tape
casteromega2
Admin
CJdamaster
holsamoht
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Grimworld 1.8 Empty Grimworld 1.8

Post  holsamoht Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Dear Grimworld players,

The highly anticipated 1.8 is upon us! It is an exciting time to play Minecraft for all of us. Behind the scenes your dedicated staff from owners to admins to mods have been working hard to bring our own update of sorts!

I am pleased to announce Grimworld v1.8. Same server, but with a few changes. First, there will be 4 worlds on the server. #1 The current 1.7 world (The 'old' world), #2 The NEW 1.8 world, #3 The nether, #4 The dreamworld. This is an effort to maximize the content available to players that is new in the 1.8 update.

This having been said, a lot of players have worked very VERY hard on their buildings, towns, cities etc. They will NOT be deleted, it will remain as part of the 'old' 1.7 world. Buildings/creations aren't the only things that many of you have spent your time on. Many of you have accumulated a lot of resources/materials over time. Resources WILL be transferable between worlds, but there is a catch. You will only be able to access the old 1.7 world if you are a VIP player. I will explain more on this later, but there are very good reasons for doing this! We will also consider moving people's buildings from the 1.7 world to the 1.8 world if you donate to help keep the server running. No promises, but talk to grimmy/DH/myself via PM for more info, we will be helpful!

We think that we have a good community to grow from. We also think that we run a pretty good server and have a good set of rules and staff. We'd like to continue to offer this to all players. We can only do this with your help! Become a VIP!

VIP perks will go in a separate thread, but they will be worth it!

Some specifics:
Old World (1.7 world):
- Will continue to exist
- Only accessible by VIP
- Will remain non-PVP, but building restrictions will be relaxed quite a bit (nothing obscene)

New 1.8 World
- PVP world with large non-PVP capital city and non-PVP areas designated by players
- Large 500x500 capital city named Kiriath with 4 stargates, large train station, HUGE marketplace
- Pristine, brand new world surrounding the capital city fresh for established/new players
- Access to the wilderness will be by foot, minecart and stargate
- Stargates will be placed in all 4 cardinal directions well outside of the central city allowing for easy expansion into the unknown, NEW 1.8 wilderness.
- Players encouraged to build their own cities/towns/empires with other players around stargates or in complete wilderness.

------------------------------------------MOST IMPORTANTLY-------------------------------------------
When 1.8 comes out, DO NOT UPDATE immediately! If you do, you will not be able to login to GrimWorld.
It takes time for bukkit to put out a new server patch and being that this is a big patch, it could take a little while.
We hope that it will not take long (they already have the code) but there is no telling. Again, if you want to continue
to play on GrimWorld, do not update your minecraft client until we say to go for it in the forums.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Grimworld 1.8 Empty Re: Grimworld 1.8

Post  CJdamaster Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:33 am

Is it possible to port some of the projects over to the 1.8 world? (such as Oakville)

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:41 am

For the right sized donation, sure. It take a good amount of time to port things over. Something like a city/town would be even harder because it would have to be broken up into multiple ports.

Admin
Admin

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  casteromega2 Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 am

will we keep the money we had in 1.7 or will we have to earn it back Question

casteromega2

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:10 am

casteromega2 wrote:will we keep the money we had in 1.7 or will we have to earn it back Question

You will keep your money, jobs and skills.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Admin wrote:For the right sized donation, sure. It take a good amount of time to port things over. Something like a city/town would be even harder because it would have to be broken up into multiple ports.

Name your price, good sir.

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Holsa, will we keep those if we donate only? Cause if not im selling everything I have and playing 1.8 tommorow Very Happy

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:26 pm

holsamoht wrote:
casteromega2 wrote:will we keep the money we had in 1.7 or will we have to earn it back Question

This actually is incorrect. Come 1.8, we are switching over to a new server and will be going from using flatfile to store all our data to using MySQL which will drastically lower lag on the server. The downside of this is that I can not translate from flatfile to mysql. I will look into a way of bringing over iconomy accounts as that is pretty simple information but possibly not since there are so many players that it would take more time then it is worth. Nothing is for sure on this. I will however make sure that all active VIPs inventory moves over into 1.8 as long as the files are compatible. I am much more willing to use my free time to help those who support the server.

If I find a way to bring all of this over though I will let you all know but as of right now, money, jobs and mcmmo will reset. it will be a fresh world. There is very little I can do about that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Admin wrote:
holsamoht wrote:

This actually is incorrect. Come 1.8, we are switching over to a new server and will be going from using flatfile to store all our data to using MySQL which will drastically lower lag on the server. The downside of this is that I can not translate from flatfile to mysql. I will look into a way of bringing over iconomy accounts as that is pretty simple information but possibly not since there are so many players that it would take more time then it is worth. Nothing is for sure on this. I will however make sure that all active VIPs inventory moves over into 1.8 as long as the files are compatible. I am much more willing to use my free time to help those who support the server.

If I find a way to bring all of this over though I will let you all know but as of right now, money, jobs and mcmmo will reset. it will be a fresh world. There is very little I can do about that.

I'll see if I can find a neat way to translate flatfile to MySQL. I'll keep you informed with what I find.

I may need a copy of the database and a sample MySQL database to make an automated script.

(Is so desperate not to lose all my efforts xD)

Update 1: If using PHP in one way or another, phpmyadmin has tools for importing CSV files and other plain text formats into a MySQL database. PHP also has function:fgetcsv() for retrieving CSV files into an array.

Update 2: A relatively straight forward batch script could be made. If the batch file seperates the flatfile by delimeters, knowing the columns, it can sort each series of data into MySQL with INSERT INTO statements via the command line.

Last edited by CJdamaster on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 pm

To all other server owners:
Do you start a new map on 1.8 with the new features? Or wait until 1.9?
Cause _jeb posted this 6 hours ago via twitter:
"You need to generate new areas. As it looks now, beta 1.9 will also require new generation"
Has GrimWorld prepared for 2 generations in short succession?

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

looking into this. might be able to just copy over the region files and then let the rest generate with the updated generator. not sure though.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rookz1 Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Since my vamp town is under Oakville will that also be brought to 1.8 server?

rookz1

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:15 pm

rookz1 wrote:Since my vamp town is under Oakville will that also be brought to 1.8 server?
If you've donated enough, I'm sure Grimmy will find time to port it =]

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Didya hear? Notch put Minecraft 1.8 BACK more. . . DANG D:<

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Neko456 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 am

ITS ARRIVED FINALLY YAY!

Just needs the servers plugins to update, then i think we are pretty much there
Neko456
Neko456

Back to top Go down

Post  Flushington Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 am

when i try to log in it says that the server is outdated, i type in Grimworld.co but yeah /:
Flushington
Flushington

Back to top Go down

Post  Flushington Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 am

ohhhhhh.... i updated /: such a woman! hopeless! any advice?
Flushington
Flushington

Back to top Go down

Post  darkhopper Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:49 pm

There are ways to revert, but I'm afraid I don't have the link on hand at the moment, I'll update this if I find it.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Post  CJdamaster Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 pm

darkhopper wrote:There are ways to revert, but I'm afraid I don't have the link on hand at the moment, I'll update this if I find it.
  1. Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
    Or C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\AppData and look for Minecraft (I don't have XP so I can't search for the exact path xD)
  2. Go to the 'bin' folder
  3. Rename 'minecraft.jar' to 'mcbackup.jar' or something of that ilk.
  4. Move the 1.7 jar file into that directory found here.
  5. Open Minecraft's exe file as normal.

CJdamaster

Back to top Go down

Grimworld 1.8 Empty 1.8

Post  zeralbox333 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:30 pm

when will we be able to connect to grimworld in 1.8 because i cant get in

zeralbox333

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:36 pm

zeralbox333 wrote:when will we be able to connect to grimworld in 1.8 because i cant get in

holsamoht wrote:------------------------------------------MOST IMPORTANTLY-------------------------------------------
When 1.8 comes out, DO NOT UPDATE immediately! If you do, you will not be able to login to GrimWorld.
It takes time for bukkit to put out a new server patch and being that this is a big patch, it could take a little while.
We hope that it will not take long (they already have the code) but there is no telling. Again, if you want to continue
to play on GrimWorld, do not update your minecraft client until we say to go for it in the forums.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Never mind, they are 85% done now.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:00 pm

going to be a late night -.-

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsune Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 pm

cant wait for 1.8 server the sp is fun but not as fun as smp i bet ^.^
btw i could use more ideas input thought anything really on my vid idea in open discusion i know i will make it but i could use specifics like what of if anyone wants to be in it aas a commentator with me for the 1.8 special ect
Kitsune
Kitsune

http://home.grimworld.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next