GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame)

5 posters

Go down

Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame) Empty Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame)

Post  Neko456 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 am

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-gen-craftipedia-v1-5-view-recipes-in-game-953.23103/

a simple little plugin /recipe [item] to see how its made.

Example: /recipe cake
-------------------------------------------------------------
M M M
S E S
T T T
Where M is milk bucket, Where S is sugar, Where E is egg, Where T is wheat, Outcome: 1 Cake

Worth implementing?
Neko456
Neko456

Back to top Go down

Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame) Empty Re: Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame)

Post  Tyrantstv Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:28 am

Whats wrong with tabbing out to minecraft wiki for the full recipe list of every item?
And then just learn them ^_^
Tyrantstv
Tyrantstv

Back to top Go down

Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame) Empty Re: Mod Discussion: Craftpedia (recipe's ingame)

Post  Neko456 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 am

i know some people lagg when they have other programs open such as an internet browser this allows you to quickly check in-game
Neko456
Neko456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister_Tape Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 am

Im actually gonna agree to Neko. And for people who are new to MC not the server or forgot/dont know how to craft something it would be easier to just type in /recipe [Insert Name Here]!

Mister_Tape

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrantstv Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Well if they have to query an item, thats assuming that they allready know what it's called ect.
When i started playing i didn't evne know some items existed let alone knew i could craft them, so i wouldn't even be able to use a query system like that to learn anything new? For example I didn't knwo there was a compass when I started, untill i found it on the recipe list on the wiki, so this system wouldn't have benefited me at all.
All games have a learning curve, and to learn the item recipes for your self i think should remain part of that curve for all new players at least. So i don't think it will be used that much.
Thats just my opinion though. tongue
Tyrantstv
Tyrantstv

Back to top Go down

Post  Linna347 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Useful to some people, but not really worth the memory and potential problems that a new plugin can cause. And if you are that forgetful, you can always write it down. With paper and pencil. Or pen even. Gasp! lol

Linna347
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:29 pm

I think there are a lot of reasons why extra help for learning or checking recipes is unnecessary.

-You can tab out and check online. If that somehow causes issues, it'll only be for the time that you're tabbed out? Not sure what problem that causes..
-You can ask other players in game.
-You can easily TRY to get the recipe using a workbench. They are for the most part very simple and picturesque. Most of the time common sense will prevail (hopefully).
Once you learn the more basic/common recipes from any of the above, it takes a great deal of ignorance to completely forget them.
For the more "complex" recipes which might actually need to be researched, they are used so rarely that tabbing out or asking other players is not really a nuisance anyway.

I think it would actually take more total effort to maintain any recipe mod/plugin and inform players that it is there for them to use, than to leave people to their own devices.
Newbies will probably constantly ask everyone regardless of the mod anyway, in which case we just tell them to do any of the above.
Telling newbies to "Look it up on the minecraft wiki", or "place three cloth across the middle row, three wood planks across the bottom row." takes about the same effort/time to say "There is a store creation video tutorial on the grimworld website".

Anyways, this reply wasn't supposed to be this elaborate or condescending I'm just a writer that's high on caffeine.
-all this is just my opinion Very Happy
Leviathan7
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Post  Leviathan7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:42 pm

This reminds me of one server I visited that had frequent server help messages of all sorts, that players could individually mute (not also muting the important server messages). The mods on that server barely had to do anything for new players other than welcome them.
Leviathan7
Leviathan7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down