GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimmy I have a request.......

5 posters

Go down

Grimmy I have a request....... Empty Grimmy I have a request.......

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 pm

I wanna b a mod

Back to top Go down

Grimmy I have a request....... Empty Re: Grimmy I have a request.......

Post  code2424 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 pm

You shouldn't ask.. I'm sure if he wanted to promote you, he would of done it already Razz You should just wait it out, keep helping people etc.
code2424
code2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 pm

code2424 wrote:You shouldn't ask.. I'm sure if he wanted to promote you, he would of done it already Razz You should just wait it out, keep helping people etc.

I already am just.\, that ppl wud rather ask DH or holsa rather than me to help them

Back to top Go down

Grimmy I have a request....... Empty Cmon man

Post  loganj94 Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:21 am

DragonMyro wrote:I wanna b a mod
Server is a little too small for more Mods still, and also you haven't even been playing that long on the server. As a past Mod on another server, don't ask to be a mod lol no offense admins usually won't go for those who ask
loganj94
loganj94

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:06 am

DragonMyro wrote:I wanna b a mod

DragonMyro wrote:I already am just.\, that ppl wud rather ask DH or holsa rather than me to help them

I'm a little confused and I tried to talk to you about this earlier. Why do you want to be a mod? What exactly is it that you want? People ask DH and I for help because we are helpful, not because we are mods. Becoming a mod doesn't make you more helpful, it simply adds responsibility. The only functional thing that we can help people with that you can't is giving them build rights.

But you don't sound like you think you will need to give build rights and that DH/Grimmy/Linna and myself aren't on enough, it sounds more like you want a title for the sake of having a title because people will respect you more/ask for help. Maybe I am misunderstanding... I haven't seen you work with new people much, doesn't mean you aren't, I just haven't seen you.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:32 pm

ppl wud rather be helped by higher title ppl than sum1 their own rank, I'm not saying it doesn't happen just that not as much. And u know wat? I won't win this so i'm gonna ditch he request

Back to top Go down

Grimmy I have a request....... Empty RE:Grimmy i have a request

Post  Froginator99 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 pm

UMMM DM you have not even been on this server for a long time.... people who get to be a mod should be on for a while...
Froginator99
Froginator99

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Froginator99 wrote:UMMM DM you have not even been on this server for a long time.... people who get to be a mod should be on for a while...

I honestly think that this is a relatively minor component of the issue. It is all about comfort level. Obviously you can't feel comfortable with someone who is brand new, but being on the server a long time is certainly not a prerequisite. Working with new people can be painful and you have to be willing to spend the time showing them around.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  Linna347 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:30 pm

So what everyone has said thus far is pretty spot on, especially Code and Holsa. Grimmy and I talk about the players between ourselves and decide together who we want to be mods. We don't promote those who ask for it, rather those who we feel go above and beyond to contribute to the server, and help newcomers etc. It's not a status thing, it's an extra responsibility thing, and those who show they can handle the responsibility get it.

And for anyone else who wants to be a mod, show us that you can do what it takes to be promoted to mod, and don't beg for it. Actions speak much louder than words.

Linna347
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down