GrimWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Griefed, Admins read

+3
Froginator99
darkhopper
loganj94
7 posters

Go down

Griefed, Admins read Empty Griefed, Admins read

Post  loganj94 Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:30 pm

The town i made a while ago next to the cathedral was griefed, cobble removed, couple houses destroyed, several reports that it was tmaloski. am removing his build rights for now im in a hurry wont be on today
loganj94
loganj94

https://grimworld.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Griefed, Admins read Empty Re: Griefed, Admins read

Post  darkhopper Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:17 pm

tmala was banned and all recent damage was undone by grimmy, I checked by just now and don't see anything out of order. Let me know if there's something still wrong.
darkhopper
darkhopper

Back to top Go down

Griefed, Admins read Empty RE: Griefed, Admins read

Post  Froginator99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:54 pm

yes, another person brought to grimworld justice!
Froginator99
Froginator99

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Serebii Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

well, tmalak was pretty mad. kinda feel bad for both sides.
Dark_Serebii
Dark_Serebii

Back to top Go down

Post  loganj94 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Dark_Serebii wrote:well, tmalak was pretty mad. kinda feel bad for both sides.
being mad does not justify griefing
loganj94
loganj94

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Serebii Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:04 pm

didn't say it did. =P it was probably a stupid thing to do. how long has he been on this server?
Dark_Serebii
Dark_Serebii

Back to top Go down

Post  loganj94 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Dark_Serebii wrote:didn't say it did. =P it was probably a stupid thing to do. how long has he been on this server?
not very long. he was a pretty advanced player though. The down side was that he was anti-social to 99% of the server.
Lesson to everyone: don't grief. At all. lol
loganj94
loganj94

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark_Serebii Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Agreed. Although it seems pretty easy to fix. Why not? Anti-Social? Not to me. O_o
Dark_Serebii
Dark_Serebii

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Ya. I want to know more about what happened. And honestly. if it was andrew's stuff that got griefed, I would give him another chance or ban andrew as well since he has been trying to piss tmala off every couple of days and did grief his stuff before. But I will lokk more into this when I get home.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrewj99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 pm

holsamoht wrote:Ya. I want to know more about what happened. And honestly. if it was andrew's stuff that got griefed, I would give him another chance or ban andrew as well since he has been trying to piss tmala off every couple of days and did grief his stuff before. But I will lokk more into this when I get home.

Honestly, I put allot of time building and stuff on this server...Now im saying i Greifed his stuff? Idk where in the hell he lives and u say that u saw me do it Holsa..U lie ur picking sides. I got off at 9:00 last night and when i got off i was in the DreamWorld...Soo....Banned for no reason. How about u UnBan me. Never touched him, He like Walked through my locketted closed door i repediatly told him to leave. He wouldnt leave and I I put lava where he was told him there was water outside and opened the door. So..I really never did anything. Never greifed. So...ya Banned no reason. Its best server ever played but like seriously.

Last edited by Andrewj99 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andrewj99

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrewj99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Sorry For what ever i did, Unbann plz... Sad

Andrewj99

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Okay this is what has happened so far on this issue.

[remote past]
#1 tmala built a wool based structure next to the Cathedral. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but he spent a considerable amount of money on wool and time on the project.
#2 Andrew and logan began verbally harassing tmala about it being ugly and used a lot of very unkind words in particular andrew.
#3 Andrew began destroying portions of the project and dumping lava on the project.
#4 I told Andrew and Logan to lay off of tmala at which point Logan stopped and Andrew continued to verbally give tmala a hard time.
#5 Under peer pressure tmala removed his project and in general stopped socializing with that many players.
#6 I gave specific instructions to tmala to try to be more mature and not let andrew get to him since he was simply trying to get under his skin. I gave specific instructions under threat of a ban (for griefing) to andrew to stay away from tmala's things and to not talk to tmala at all.

[1.5 week ago]
#7 A verbal argument started between andrew and tmala. I witnessed the entire thing. #1 without question Andrew instigated the argument. This is a fact. #2 There was no reason for tmala to allow himself to be riled up by what was essentially name calling.
#8 I discussed via PM with Logan what was happening and my displeasure of having rather obscene things being said by both parties.
#9 Things quieted down without moderator intervention at which point I told via PM both tmala and andrew to cool it down and not to talk to each other.

[yesterday]
#10 tmala circumvented a lockette door by digging around it according to andrew and tmala says he followed andrew in. (I am more inclined to believe andrew on this, but can not verify)
#11 Andrew freaked out and started yelling at tmala and threatened to kill him. At this time I pmed andrew specifically telling him that killing people in non-PVP areas was banable. I likewise pmed tmala and told him to back off and to not cause a problem.
#12 After some more yelling on andrew's part and I assume not leaving andrew's house on tmala's part, Andrew killed tmala with a lava bucket.
#13 tmala demanded that I ban andrew and I basically told both of them to knock it off and both quieted down.

Everything above is what I personally witnessed unless otherwise stated. As far as I'm concerned, up to this point andrew committed several infractions worth noting.

#1 he griefed. Relatively minor, but he did destroy someone's stuff intentionally.
#2 He continuously instigated fights with another player to the point of verbal harassment. To my knowledge up until yesterday tmala had never started an fight or an issue.
#3 He directly disobeyed my strict instructions regarding dealing with tmala.

Up to this point, other than circumventing a lockette, no stealing or griefing (which I don't consider an issue, this is debatable, but a separate issue) tmala did not do anything infractionable, or if he did was relatively minor. (at the same time, being quite a bit older my standards are a little higher for him to not get riled up by an 11 year old.

[today]
I was not around for this, from two sources I understand the following:
#1 tmala found out that logan was a mod
#2 tmala griefed extensively and sent his money/resources to another player

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My analysis:
1) Up until today I would assign 98% cause of problem to andrew and 2% cause of problem to tmala. Again, tempered by age difference.
2) tmala should be banned for today's actions.
3) andrew gets a very stern warning. We will not tolerate harassing other players, period. I watched the chat, the intention was specifically to make tmala feel unwelcome, this despite me tell him to knock it off. A single minor infraction at this point warrants a permanent ban.

4) FURTHER, I don't appreciate being told that I am a liar and that I am picking sides. I stood next to andrew while he griefed. I also dealt with multiple instances of andrew instigating issues. He also completely ignored my instructions on dealing with issues surrounding tmala. Just because you don't remember doing things doesn't mean that someone who takes notes on almost every player in the server forgets infractions and issues. There are more issues that I will discuss with andrew, logan and the admins.

5) On an unrelated point. I do not consider it griefing to bypass a locketted door as long as the walls are completely replaced and nothing was stolen/destroyed. If you don't like people in your house use the /res command. Other admins/mods may disagree and we can have a discussion about this at a later time.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  holsamoht Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Logan and I talked about the going around lockettes...

#1 it is impossible know if someone followed you through a door or broke in unless you actually see them.
#2 such a rule would be completely unenforceable
#3 using /res you don't need to worry about this

Ergo making a rule about lockettes seems quite silly to me.

holsamoht

Back to top Go down

Post  TehGreatLorenzo Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:29 am

Just saying that this is starting to become a joke. If we cant all get along is there any point in even playing? Btw from my understanding Tmala wasnt a new player as such, you may be thinking of Tdanielowsk or something (he doesnt appear to be on the memberlist) as I can remember mixups over the name anyway

TehGreatLorenzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down